Our Mission & Vision
United Way is the leader on mobilizing the caring power of individuals and organizations to help people measurably improve their lives.
Empowering a vital and caring community where all the children are educated and prepared for life success, all people are financially stable with maximum health and independence, and all neighborhoods with the community are vibrant and inviting.
United Way fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in your community. We do this by LIVING UNITED. By forgoing unlikely partnerships. By finding new solutions to old problems. By mobilizing the best resources and inspiring individuals to JOIN THE FIGHT.
United We Fight. United We Win.
United Way of Marion County Goals
- Assist in increasing percent of children ready for kindergarten
- Assist in increasing percent of children who are 3rd grade reading proficient
- Assist in improving graduation rates county-wide
- Assist in increasing the percent of young adults (16 to 24 yrs.) who are in school and/or working
- Assist in increasing the percent of households spending less than 30 percent on housing
- Assist in improving financial stability by increasing per capita income
- Assist in increasing the percent of full-time working-age adults
- Assist in reducing asset poverty by increasing savings and family assets
- Assist in improving Marion County’s overall health rankings in major risk categories
- Assist in improving access to primary care in physical, emotional and mental health and addiction services
- Assist in increasing the percent of children and youth who are healthy and avoiding risky behavior
- Assist in decreasing local teen birth rate