United Way of Marion County provides leadership in mobilizing resources to provide opportunities for people to measurably improve their lives.
United Way of Marion County Goals
- Assist in increasing percent of children ready for kindergarten
- Assist in increasing percent of children who are 3rd grade reading proficient
- Assist in improving graduation rates county-wide
- Assist in increasing the percent of young adults (16 to 24 yrs.) who are in school and/or working
- Assist in increasing the percent of households spending less than 30 percent on housing
- Assist in improving financial stability by increasing per capita income
- Assist in increasing the percent of full-time working-age adults
- Assist in reducing asset poverty by increasing savings and family assets
- Assist in improving Marion County’s overall health rankings in major risk categories
- Assist in improving access to primary care in physical, emotional and mental health and addiction services
- Assist in increasing the percent of children and youth who are healthy and avoiding risky behavior
- Assist in decreasing local teen birth rate
United Way Worldwide Goals
In 2008, United Way Worldwide initiated a 10-year program designed to achieve the following goals by 2018:
- Improve education, and cut the number of high school dropouts — 1.2 million students, every year — in half.
- Help people achieve financial stability, and get 1.9 million working families — half the number of lower-income families who are financially unstable — on the road to economic independence.
- Promote healthy lives, and increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
These goals are ambitious, but with your help, and by utilizing our core strengths — a national network, committed partners and public engagement capacity — we can achieve them.
United Way responded to the needs of our local community while simultaneously addressing the root causes of key issues. We do this by inspiring and uniting the power of individuals, the business community, and the public and nonprofit sectors around common goals. Together, we’re able to drive real community impact in our neighborhoods, our communities, and our region. Together, we’re working to ensure that every individual and family is able to achieve educational success, financial stability and good health.